SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

Home / forum / Lounges / Members Lounge / tricking intel drivers to run on dell, possible? i need a nerd...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Thread

Old 18-06-2009, 02:34 AM   #1
Acid44

Default tricking intel drivers to run on dell, possible? i need a nerd...

basically i want to update my graphics drivers with a modded version of the drivers... but i've hit a major snag... i can't install the drivers because i have a dell...

basically the problem is this, dell drivers are all in .EXE form, so i can't use the mod, intel drivers wont install because it's a dell, it gives me some crap about using the manufacturers drivers, which is bloody useles to me...

so, i know there's a lot of programmers and smarter-than-me people here, so does anyone know if it's possible to "trick" the drivers into not knowing it's a dell so i can install them? i can upload a .ZIP file of the driver so you can see the files if need be...
Old 18-06-2009, 03:48 AM   #2
NextDesign
Technical Director

Usually playing with drivers is risky business. Who knows what Dell might have done to the card. They might just be using the chipset.

Be sure you want to do this, or you may very well brick your card. Considering this is probably an onboard card, it might even affect your motherboard if something happens.
Old 18-06-2009, 04:29 AM   #3
Acid44

'tis an onboard card, but the hack/mod has been tested many times and works for everyone so far, besides im about to put my foot through my computer myself because it's quickly becoming more and more useless to me so im willing to risk it...