Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 26-08-2009 , 01:15 PM
The thin red line

AGP video card recomendations

Could any one suggest a good agp video card to use with maya 9, as I have a problem using 3D paint effect. any help would be greatfull..............dave

Last edited by daverave; 26-08-2009 at 01:34 PM.
# 2 26-08-2009 , 05:55 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Hi dave try Google.

Basically you want to have a Quadro AGP card, but the good ones are quite expensive even for AGP and (correct me if I am wrong)since you still own an AGP based machine budget is a bit tight(not an insult), that's prob out of the question.
My advice to you is if you have an AGP card already just run along with that one save some money to buy a new rig which is PCI-e powered, if that's possible.
If you need an AGP card buy an NVidia game card that is AGP with reasonable specs not to high end and to high prized.

Even if you have the money don't be foolish don't invest in ancient technology which is dying out.

# 3 26-08-2009 , 07:47 PM
The thin red line
Thanks Mastone for replying

Yes you are wright money is short and if I could I would get another rig. I am still getting good result from my machine (see finished work) just would like to use the 3D paint tool witch needs a Nvidia quadro card or a ATI firefx card but with one?
Thanks again

# 4 26-08-2009 , 08:23 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Don't buy any of them if it's only about the 3d paint tool you can bake an occlusion or lightmap to recognize several parts for texture painting.