Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-11-2009 , 11:54 PM

Quiz to see how good you are on maya

could somebody make a quiz to see if your pass beginner on maya

# 2 06-11-2009 , 01:18 AM
Well, its all relative. I am a beginner compared to someone who does 3d for a living, but other people are beginners to me.

If you mean a test to see if the know the basics, it would depend on what you are learning. Maya is a multi-faceted program, and unless you animate, Model, Render, and use every tool therein, I think you would need to have a test made especially for you, which won't likely happen.

Show your work, and we will tell you :p

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 06-11-2009 , 01:38 AM
Technical Director
If you just asked for a good book from going from beginner to advanced a few days ago, and are now asking if you are past beginner, you probably haven't come to realize how long it will take to learn something as complicated as Maya. It takes years, and a huge amount of effort to do so.

Don't rush it user added image It will come at your own pace!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 4 06-11-2009 , 01:39 AM
Ok Thanks

# 5 06-11-2009 , 03:11 PM
Subscriber
Well said NextDesign

# 6 07-11-2009 , 03:13 AM
Technical Director

Originally posted by semeon
Well said NextDesign

Cheers mate user added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge.