Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 31-01-2010 , 08:53 PM

My first models

Here are some pictures of my first models ever.

This first one was made following the Autodesk Maya foundation 2010 book. It didn't come out as well as it should have and I don't really know how I should make the mouth out of him.

user added image

user added image

The next one is my first attempt at hard surface modelling. Though I still don't know how to actually make maps for models, I think the base came out preety well.

user added image

user added image

If you have any tips for me please let me know. Thanks user added image

# 2 31-01-2010 , 09:33 PM
The thin red line
Hi Aurorap
Looking good for your first, your tech thing has a lot of fire power..........dave

# 3 01-02-2010 , 04:22 PM
Hehe it sure does. Thanks.

# 4 14-02-2010 , 07:16 AM
Lifetime Member
Mate the Mech looks bloody good, I tried organic models first up too as thats what you see in the movies. I think sticking to mechanical objects (made up or historical) seems a bit easier, dont you. Well done mate!!

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 5 14-02-2010 , 04:16 PM
Subscriber
Funny, that seems to be a debate among some people.
a lot of people thing that Organic modeling is easier then hard surface, because with Hard surface you are recreating something that has to be perfect in structure,planar faces, ect. you have to figure out how to add tight edges without getting weird creasing through the rest of your model.

and on the other hand some people thing that hard surface is easier then organic. ...for much the same reasons.

it is an issue i believe that depends on the person, and the skill sets they chose to develop at an early stage in their learning.

g-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!