Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 02-03-2010 , 11:23 AM

Maya drives me CRAZY!

I have been working with rigging the model that I am working on and have gotten about half way done and now the joint tool no longer is working. I have somehow disabled it and am not sure what I have done. I am getting the small cross cursor but it looks somewhat transparent. I have middle clicked, double clicked single clicked, banged the keyboard in frustration, thrown my machine against the wall... I am going crazy I tell you trying to figure out what I have done. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Any ideas?

d

# 2 04-03-2010 , 01:32 AM
Subscriber
No idea just throwing this out there, caps lock key?

# 3 04-03-2010 , 01:35 AM
Subscriber
well I tested the caps lock key and that doesn't disable it, so I am not sure, never hurts to restart the app...

# 4 04-03-2010 , 03:10 AM
If you hit the insert key, that would prevent you from clicking another joint, but you would see the move manipulator on the last joint you created (you didn't mention that being there so I'm guessing this isn't the problem). If that's not there, not sure...never really tried much rigging.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 5 04-03-2010 , 07:33 AM
maybe the 8-key. Does the manipulator look kind of like a pencil?

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 6 04-03-2010 , 11:12 AM
Still not sure what was going on. Tried to restarting maya and nada. Ended up deleting the maya.env file from the preferences on my mac. This ended up fixing it but it bugs me that I couldn't figure out what was going on. Thanks for all the help.

d