Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 26-08-2010 , 01:16 PM
Subscriber

Alpha channels

Hey Guys!

In photoshop i made a picture with alpha channel. The same way as sm - ferrari tutorial. I attached the node & it always give this msg>

TIFFReadDirectory: Warning, E:/Maya/Tervezés/Fiat Uno Turbo/Textures/Momo_Corse_Middle2.tif: unknown field with tag 37724 (0x935c) encountered.

I dont know why. I tried with jpg or bmp, but the alpha channel is not working. The background always white.

What do you use when you need alpha channel? or what did i do wrong?

joe

# 2 26-08-2010 , 01:19 PM
Export it like .TGA ( Targa file )user added image

# 3 26-08-2010 , 01:32 PM
Subscriber
thx, i ll try as soon as i calm dowm

i was able to crash maya verrrrry good. i had to restart the Pc... pfff
Mi_car_paint had some serious problem. I dont know what the shit is going on my Pc but no good 4 sure

Mi paint sometimes changes from green to white color, alpha channel does not work. With layered shader absolutely not user added image

# 4 27-08-2010 , 01:55 PM
Subscriber
Thanks mate!
Its working as i need user added image

# 5 27-08-2010 , 04:00 PM
Lifetime Member
jpeg is an 8 bit format and can't hold an alpha channel, you have to choose a 32 bit format like Tiff or Targa to include transparency.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner