Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 26-01-2003 , 12:26 AM
Subscriber

Skeleton Attatching ?!?

Hey, I just took the free skeleton tutorial with the cool dog. I have made a skeleton for it but I have one question to ask.. how do i attatch it to the dog? Ah this is probably a stupid question in some form of way, but i searched too on the message board and couldnt find anything describing this. Thanks

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 2 26-01-2003 , 12:32 AM
Subscriber
Another thing while im at it.. when i play a movie that i have made, such as a ball moving across a page or w/e.. it goes SO fast.. it goes through 100 frames per second around... how can i change this down to a lower rate such as 19 fps? Thanks again, these answers would help me out a lot

# 3 26-01-2003 , 12:39 AM
The bind your mesh to your joints, you need to use Skin | Bind Skin | Smooth Bind. There is info in the Maya help files on exactly how to do this.

To adjust the frame rate, go to Animation Preferences (the button next to the keyframe button in the lower right), and adjust your playback speed. You'll also need to go to Settings in the Preferences Panel to adjust your timebase (NTSC, PAL, film, etc).

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 4 26-01-2003 , 01:08 AM
Subscriber
Thanks a lot Dannygan, i figured it out.. woohoo

# 5 26-01-2003 , 01:15 AM
The Maya Mountain
the VIP Rigging tutorial will go over this eventually, also

# 6 27-01-2003 , 08:58 PM
Subscriber
Oh, ok i just realised what i did dannyngan. I didnt figure it out, you did and you told me. I did it thanks to your help. Ok, cya