Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 07-04-2011 , 12:33 PM

disconnecting..

hi, I've a real simple problem. so simple that googleing it throws up way more complex scenarios.
I just need to disconnect an image file from a colour - I clicked on the checkerboard and added the .jpg, but now I don't want it there. I'm sure I've done this before in a tutorial but right-clicking etc. does nothing..?

Last edited by se7enhedd; 06-04-2012 at 10:18 AM.
# 2 07-04-2011 , 12:43 PM
Rich click on the attribute itself e.g. specular, thats where the menu is to break the connection.

You can also do this in the connection editor in the hypershade, as well as delete the file texture and the placement node if you dont want to reuse it / keep everything clean.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 3 07-04-2011 , 12:46 PM
got it - thanks. something else that makes no logical sense... =\

# 4 07-04-2011 , 02:47 PM
Sure it does, its the same with every attribute in maya. user added image

FX supervisor - double negative
# 5 07-04-2011 , 04:30 PM
EduSciVis-er
I agree, it doesn't make much sense for "break connection" however, there's several other menu items that are specific to the attribute (e.g. key selected) that wouldn't make sense anywhere else, so it's just a matter of learning how it is and going with it user added image