SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

Home / forum / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / combining two CV curves into one
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Thread

Old 17-02-2003, 10:25 AM   #1
Trimeister
Subscriber

Default combining two CV curves into one

Hello Everyone,

I'm just wondering how I can how about combining two open CV curves into one. Can you guys take a look at the attachment and let me know what I need to do to attach the open ends together to make it into a square? I want to be able to use planar tool but I don't think it let me because its not a close surface.

Thanks in advance,
Trimeister
Trimeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2003, 12:37 PM   #2
undseth
Subscriber

I took a look at the file, and it seems both the "two-side" of the square is 3. degree, and I guess they werent properly built with the right number of spans (too few spans for a 3. degree curve).

First, I moved the one curve to snap into the other.

Then I rebuild the curves to 1. degree (straight lines), and a simple "attatch curve" made the job.

EDIT:
It seems that one of the curves are an instance. I'm not sure if the curve is build wrong after all. Do you need this instancing? Does it have to be a 3. degree curve.

I got to simply attatch the curves right away, but it left an open corner, and I did not manage to close the curve, by using the close curve tool.

Last edited by undseth : 17-02-2003 at 12:44 PM.
undseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2003, 12:37 PM   #3
roach105
Subscriber

Hey, What I did first was select both curves in object mode and than attach cuves from the edit curves menu. To close the curve I selected the object and than open/close curves in the edit curves menu. I got a circle because I had the blend option on. When you attach curves try connect in the attach curves options. It should keep your object the same except it is now one curve instead of two.
roach105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2003, 02:25 PM   #4
tariqrf
Subscriber

simple way: select both the cuves, the select edit cuves -> attach curves option box, click connect instead of blend, then click attach,

FINISH!!!!

.:edit

you cant planar with it,,, instead why dont you just select both the curves and loft???

Last edited by tariqrf : 17-02-2003 at 02:30 PM.
tariqrf is offline   Reply With Quote
New Thread