Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-11-2016 , 06:14 PM
Subscriber

fighting depression and getting back in shape

Hi Guys,

it's been a while, since I last posted anything, I've been dealing with a lot of inner demons, it doesn't help that life keeps kicking me in the teeth, but I digress, I've been suffering with depression for quite some time now, it's something I've hidden for the longest time, I've always felt embarrassed by it, some days are better then others, it's hard to put into words the havoc this illness ( I hate using that word) it has rote on me,

at my lowest I was miserable out of shape and hated myself, I felt like a complete loser, I graduated with a decent degree, but I just couldn't land a job, in the 3d industry or otherwise, It was debilitating, i'd never felt like this before, i've always had my path set out from me, school, college and university, but upon graduating, that was no longer the case, I thought employers would be climbing over themselves to get at me, boy was I in for a rude awakening, they didn't care about the piece of paper I had spent 3 years working towards, it was meaningless to them, they wanted experience, and at that time that was something I lacked,

in time I got kicked in the proverbial teeth and learned how to give a decent interview and landed a few jobs here and there, I even landed a job as a modeller for a well known company, things were going fine,
but alas my happiness was short lived, my contract as a modeller was ended, not on bad terms, but because the project was completed, and I found myself out of the job, I did land another job fairly quickly in retail, I hated every second of that job, the manager was on some power trip and would constantly have a go at the staff, no one liked her, after about 9-10 months I quite, i'm willing to but up with a lot of BS, but when you insult me in front of customer and then have the nerve to laugh at me, i'm not going to be a happy bunny, I quit in devastating fashion, I wont say how,

and once again I found myself jobless, depression wrapped its claws around me, and dragged me into that dark place, I was there for a while,

it was at this time I watched a interview of Pat Morita, aka mr miyagi, and the struggles he went through in life, he said something that struck a cord, if he could overcome all those things, then I should be able to as well,

I started exercising, it was hard but after I while I could feel myself climbing out of that dark place, its been a few years since, and although i'm not completely cured, I dont feel like i'm not a complete loser,

i've been doing weekly challenges to keep me motivated and on the right path

I've been documenting my progression, challenging myself, here's what I've done so far,

youtube.com/watch?v=ptlgPxFEYpQ[/url]
youtube.com/watch?v=kF-hH5hjD5U[/url]
youtube.com/watch?v=q7Yi-1gCZMc[/url]
youtube.com/watch?v=cAJUvW8Opz8[/url]
youtube.com/watch?v=LjoFHtWCOi0[/url]
youtube.com/watch?v=BZqeFAw-JE0[/url]
youtube.com/watch?v=QZ976WX2_LY[/url]
youtube.com/watch?v=gsno9jlerdI[/url]
youtube.com/watch?v=l_p-wokHvzQ[/url]
youtube.com/watch?v=zK1v_5G-Jdc[/url]
youtube.com/watch?v=nOQpD8aDJeI
youtube.com/watch?v=nY85aGZo3Go[/url]
youtube.com/watch?v=Bg_D-q02g0w[/url]
youtube.com/watch?v=vKzSKamVjeY

I know that was a long rant, but it's something I've been wanting get of my chest

Last edited by jali; 21-11-2016 at 06:16 PM.
# 2 22-11-2016 , 01:18 PM
SM Tea Boy
Good on you for trying to pull yourself out of what can be a downward spiral. Starting with exercise is a pretty good way to go.

I've had some low points myself it's not easy.

Hang in there, one foot in front of the other.
All the best
Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 22-11-2016 , 05:52 PM
Subscriber
thank you for your kind words, it means alot

# 4 23-11-2016 , 12:43 AM
Super Moderator
As someone who has been struggling with it, I understand. It's good that you're talking about it because it's nothing to be ashamed of. Exercising regularly and getting out of your comfort zone to try new things helps A LOT. Keep trucking!!

- Genny
# 5 23-11-2016 , 09:58 AM
Subscriber
thank you, it's been a bumpy road, i've been watching a lot motivational videos, and reading inspirational quotes, which seem to help, I just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and hope I can get to a better place

# 6 26-11-2016 , 01:28 PM
Subscriber

# 7 26-11-2016 , 03:57 PM
SM Tea Boy
Keep it up mate user added image

The road to getting better is a bloody long one sometimes, but it seems like your getting through it.

Good on ya.
David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 8 26-11-2016 , 04:46 PM
Subscriber
one step at a time my friend, one step at a time, I get a great sense of accompaniment whenever I complete these challenges, but for whatever reason I just cant shake that damn feeling of sadness, it feels like I'm surrounded by heavy air, if that's even makes sense, not everyday but most days, i'll keep trucking forward i'll get to where I need to be eventually

# 9 03-12-2016 , 09:58 AM
Subscriber

# 10 10-12-2016 , 01:03 PM
Subscriber

# 11 15-12-2016 , 06:30 PM
Subscriber

Last edited by jali; 16-12-2016 at 09:53 AM.
# 12 17-12-2016 , 01:22 PM
Subscriber

# 13 24-12-2016 , 02:46 PM
Subscriber

# 14 31-12-2016 , 02:48 PM
Subscriber

# 15 07-01-2017 , 04:07 PM
Subscriber