Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 29-11-2018 , 03:08 PM

Pasted objects lagging.

For part of my coursework I needed to make a diorama and part of that diorama includes a wall. Knowing that the texture of the wall is going to be tiled, I created 1 little section of the wall, unwrapped that, and then just duplicated the wall piece over and over again to make a full wall and then stitched all the vertices together to make it one object. Now I have a single mesh so I only have to texture 1 part of the wall and the whole thing will be textured. There was probably a better way of doing that, but that's the way I did it. My problem now is that whenever I click on said wall my Maya freezes for a good minute before I can do anything; and then everything I do after that causes Maya to freeze for a minute again each time. This is making it difficult for me to apply the texture to each separate wall that I have (I have several walls of different lengths).

I notice that the name of my wall is something like: group12|pasted_pasted_pasted_pasted_group11|pasted _pasted_pasted, you get the idea. A lot of groups and pasteds in the name. So I'm guessing that that's probably the problem. Is there anyway I can delete the pasted information from the wall so it is just treated as a freshly created object?