Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 25-06-2019 , 01:52 AM

Can someone tell me how I can setup a direct x 11 shader over an object that was

Can someone tell me how I can setup a direct x 11 shader inside Maya over an object that was imported in as an fbx file with a texture map, disp. map, and normal map along with it from zbrush, so that the color of the texture map is provided the effect of the shader with the maps it came along with or can be uploaded and does not go blank white? I cannot find a tutorial or any forum anywhere that shows how to do this. I am sure that it has something to do with the graphing network. But, I have not figured out a concoction that would apply the texture to the shader material.

I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Last edited by TheMuffinMan9; 25-06-2019 at 02:47 AM.
# 2 25-06-2019 , 06:09 PM
I know that it has something to do with UV binding inside of hypershade.. I tried creating a mib_geo_add_uv_texsurf1 and connected that to the directx shader material as the UV texture 0, then took the default material generated by the fbx import which I assumed had UV coordinates on it and connected that to the mib_geo_add_uv_texsurf1. But, still I get no texture through the shader material. All of the other maps, diffuse, normal, etc. work great when I load them in. But, it is all for nothing with out the texture map over the material effect. Can anyone take a screen shot and show me a picture that would help and explain how I can get my texture map over the material effect?

# 3 25-06-2019 , 06:22 PM
I think it is offensive how expensive Autodesk makes maya for how little information on the more important and basic necessities that they provide. It would be really nice if they approached their products like Pixologic does.

# 4 26-07-2019 , 10:50 AM
Have you read this?

# 5 29-07-2019 , 02:20 AM
I figured it out. Maya 2014 is pretty much like a virus inside a windows 10 operating system now. I updated and everything works and have since switched over to Arnold and RenderMan. Thanks!