Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 15-05-2003 , 03:48 AM

Adding multiple texture maps....

I created a poly model and I want to have one texture map for the head and another the body. The thingis, I don't know how to add more then one texture file to the poly model.

Can someone exlain how it's done?

thx for any help!

# 2 15-05-2003 , 03:51 AM
Very simple. Just select the faces that correspond with the head and apply a texture to them. Do the same for the body.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 15-05-2003 , 04:13 AM
whats the correct way to apply a texture? i go to material attributes and click on the color option box, and then select my texture and it streches over the entire mesh.

I don't know to apply a texture by selecting faces. Can you please tell me how it's done?

# 4 15-05-2003 , 04:38 AM
It sounds like you need to do some UV editing on your mesh. There are some great videos in the VIP section that go over this. You could also search around for some tutorials on the web as well.

Danny Ngan
# 5 15-05-2003 , 05:12 AM
could you give me a hint at what the problem could be? My UV mapped texture fits perfectly onto the head with no stretching, but it repeats and stretches over the entire body though.

Sorry for all the questions, but i know very little about UV mapping and texturing.

# 6 15-05-2003 , 05:43 AM
It sounds like the UVs on the body are not laid out correctly. You will need to use the UV Texture Editor to organize the UVs so that the texture does not stretch and repeat.

Danny Ngan
# 7 15-05-2003 , 01:13 PM
The Maya Mountain
or, like danny said earlier, select the faces of the head and Right click on your material and "Assign to selected." Same for the body, but with a different material.

# 8 16-05-2003 , 04:08 AM
ah, it works now, i had to assign new material.

thanks for the advice!