SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Programming / Selecting contents of multiple subfolders in outliner

Programming MEL Scripts, Expressions & Programming Related Topics

Join the conversation. Reply to post

29-01-2020, 05:09 PM   #1
yanalin

Selecting contents of multiple subfolders in outliner
Hi,
I want to select the contents of multiple folders in maya without actually selecting the folders themselves. That is to say, if I have group1 with mesh1 and mesh2 inside and group2 with mesh3 and mesh4 inside, I only want to select mesh1-4 without selecting group 1 and 2. I couldn't find a way to do it and I don't know how to code, so any help would be appreciated. I guess it's also quite a simple code, so if someone is feeling extra kind today, maybe they can save me hours of manual clicking. Thanks in advance.

Tags
code , outliner , selecting , subfolders