Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 24-03-2020 , 06:23 PM

My Viewports are messed HELP!

I have'nt used Maya in like 15 years, but got a renewed Intrested in 3d modeling Iam hoping Someone can help me out. So my issue is with the viewports, they seem reversed, so to start when i open maya all my viewports are in the negative like -y,-z,-x and perspective, so i change them to y,z,x and leave perspective alone, but still if i make a cube and move it to the right in top y view it moves left in the front z view, very confussing for me to model. can someone help me please.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 25-03-2020 , 12:11 AM
SM Tea Boy
Hi your viewports should be in -y,-z,-x see attached image. You can always try resetting your preferences by removing the prefs folder. C:\Users\username\Documents\maya\2020\prefs remove the folder, restart maya.

Welcome back to Maya.
All the best
David

Attached Thumbnails

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"