Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 19-05-2020 , 07:38 AM

Warning: Face X has coincident guides (Xgen)

I have been stumped with this issue for at least a week now. I have the hair looking exactly as I want it, and yet that warning persists, which I'm guessing is why it crashes whenever I try to render it.

The thing is, I've tried to find the exact faces that it's talking about, and in the process I found out how to display the face IDs, but to no avail. There's actually no guides attached to those faces.

The thing is, I'm actually quite particular about the overall look, as this is my first serious Maya project, and will reflect my overall skill with the use of the program. This is why I've decided to use the method of starting with 'XgenOld' in order to manually place the splines in order to get the most accurate shape, then turned them into curves, and back into splines for use with Xgen interactive groom.

Upon searching the error on Google, I found one thread that suggested reducing hair count, but to me that sounds like a corner cutting method, as it would force me to alter the end look of my hairstyle.

I'm asking this question here as opposed to the Autodesk forums, because for some reason the AD forums don't seem overly forward in helping with Xgen related issues. I've seen Xgen questions on there with over 1000+ views, that don't even get an answer, and the questions aren't exactly beyond advanced or anything. So hopefully I will have some luck here so I can continue my project.

Last edited by Lazarus102; 19-05-2020 at 11:37 PM.
# 2 22-05-2020 , 02:33 AM
Guess the help isn't any better here for Xgen.. Is there a specific forum somewhere for Xgen? Like, is Xgen actually some sort of official plugin for Maya that has it's own company forum? Or is it just that anyone that's really knowledgeable on it is just too stuck up to share what they know?