Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-07-2020 , 10:05 PM

Getting rid of hdr skydome in render via render setup?

I am getting up to speed on using the render setup in Maya with Arnold. I have been sorting geometry into different layers/groups. I am lighting the whole scene with an HDR Skydome light. When I render out the different collections the HDR skydome is still visible in each. I have watched several tutorials on the render setup and it almost appears as if the skydome is matted out by default when non-light objects are assigned to collections/layers. Does anyone have any idea what I am missing? I am using Maya 2020 with Arnold 4.0.3. I would like the object to receive the skydome light but not render out the skydome.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 03-09-2020 , 02:32 PM
make sure to turn off this option

Attached Thumbnails