SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Dynamics & Special Effects / Assign Cached MASH spheres sperate shaders to

Dynamics & Special Effects Maya Particles, nDynamics, Fluids, Rigid Bodies & General VFX

Join the conversation. Reply to post

20-11-2020, 03:37 PM   #1
AverageRigger

Assign Cached MASH spheres sperate shaders to
Hello

I am currently working on a project where spheres created from MASH are bouncing around. Each sphere has it's own shader. I want to bake the animation and have a performance friendly animated mesh i can reassign shaders to each sphere. I tried alembic cache but i lose object ID afterwards. It seems to be such a simple task but i can't put my head around it

Could someone run me through a viable process?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	balls.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	58068  
20-11-2020, 04:38 PM   #2
AverageRigger

Hello again,
If anyone needs the same answer:

Okay the easy fix here is to check
-UV write
-Write Color Sets
-Write Face Sets
-Write UV Sets
in the alembic export Options
Then when reimporting the alembic mesh the connection to the shaders is still active. So i can edit shaders on the spheres even in alembic!

Thanks me!