Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 29-01-2021 , 10:33 AM

Snapping / Wrapping one object to another (like taking the shape of the other obj) *s

# 2 04-02-2021 , 09:50 AM
Hi,

It looks like you need to add more polygons to the object, you're trying to wrap a flat object around a curved object, so make sure the flat object has the same amount of quads vertically and horizontally that the curved one does. count how many quads the area of the curved object has in the area you're snapping to, and then up the amount on the flat object using the split polygon tool.
If you use the wireframe on shaded option in the viewport it can help when modelling to.

# 3 17-11-2022 , 08:35 AM
Thanks for answering user added image

# 4 19-11-2022 , 05:31 AM
Thanks for answering me as well. By the way, I was looking for the best paraphrasing tool to paraphrase my essay when I came across the useful website https://letsgradeit.com/tools/best-paraphrasing-tool/. This website makes it simple and effective for me to paraphrase my essay.

Last edited by ThomasCraine; 22-11-2022 at 10:29 AM.