SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Cannot duplicate layered texture node

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

03-04-2021, 07:37 AM   #1
fede123

Cannot duplicate layered texture node
I am having trouble with a very simple task: duplicating layered texture nodes. I have one layered texture node connected to other parts of the network. If I select it, then go to Edit > Duplicate > Duplicate with connections, I see in the attribute editor that a new node is created (same name with another number at the end), but it's not displayed anywhere in the Hypershade editor! I tried to select it, rearrange the graph, display inputs and outputs, but the duplicate node is nowhere to be found.

I also tried "Duplicate with shading network", "Duplicate without network" and the issue remains. Duplicating other nodes works fine, this issue is only present with layered texture nodes. I'm using Maya 2020 with V-Ray.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Tags
maya2020