Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 03-04-2021 , 07:37 AM

Cannot duplicate layered texture node

I am having trouble with a very simple task: duplicating layered texture nodes. I have one layered texture node connected to other parts of the network. If I select it, then go to Edit > Duplicate > Duplicate with connections, I see in the attribute editor that a new node is created (same name with another number at the end), but it's not displayed anywhere in the Hypershade editor! I tried to select it, rearrange the graph, display inputs and outputs, but the duplicate node is nowhere to be found.

I also tried "Duplicate with shading network", "Duplicate without network" and the issue remains. Duplicating other nodes works fine, this issue is only present with layered texture nodes. I'm using Maya 2020 with V-Ray.

Any ideas?
Thanks!