Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 08-06-2021 , 11:06 PM

Direction of Joint Chain on Motion Path

I have a joint chain of 60 joints, in a straight line. I want this chain to animate along a motion path. I followed the instructions here, https://bit.ly/3crgcX3 and the chain animates smoothly with no flipping. The transform node is placed correctly at the root joint. However, the chain orients itself on the motion path so the root joint/transform node are at the start key and the children joints then extend along the path. This puts the mesh on the path backward. The mesh is a snake and thus travels along the curve tail-first.

I have tried many variations but haven't found how to get joint chain aligned correctly. I even tried Modelling->Curves->ReverseDirection. Yes, the start and end keys change places on the curve but the joint chain is still aligned so the snake's tail it pointing in the forward direction of animation.

Thanks,
Greg