Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-10-2021 , 03:51 PM

Glass dampens light from inside a bulb - Bloom fails

Hey guys,

I'm experimenting with light bulbs at the moment. I'm trying to make the light from the filament to bloom - I can do that if I remove the glass, but once the glass is present it just kinda dampens the light. See bellow:

Without glass:
user added image

user added image

Is there any particular setting I need to change?
Thanks in advance.

# 2 20-10-2021 , 09:08 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
hey Amarildo

so......couple of things....has the glass got thickness? or is it like a single side? usually to get good glass and lighting add thickness.

secondly, you may need to turn your rays ups as in depth or bounce...depends on your renderer...mental ray, arnold or renderman???

start with those...

but also to get it really good, use separate passes and comp it properly so you have control over both elements

cheers
Jay

Last edited by Jay; 20-10-2021 at 09:11 PM.