Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 12-06-2003 , 08:16 PM
Subscriber

Face Animater

Has any one seen This a face animater, its for 3D max but soon for Maya.user added image

# 2 12-06-2003 , 08:38 PM
The Maya Mountain
That's pretty cool.

# 3 12-06-2003 , 08:48 PM
Wow! THat looks really cool... Wonder when It will be available for Maya...
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 4 13-06-2003 , 08:37 PM
Simply Maya OG
Thats...cheating. LOL. Its kool tho. I think it defeats the actual purpose of animation tho. Your not really doing it yourself, the program is doing it for you. But, just my 2 cents. user added image

- Hybrid
# 5 13-06-2003 , 08:50 PM
found this on highend 3d

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 13-06-2003 , 09:44 PM
Subscriber
Hi ,

as far as I can see it, then is Eyematic FaceStation allready available for maya... this is from their FAQ section...

Q: What 3D animation packages does FaceStation support?

A: FaceStation is currently available for Discreet 3ds max and Alias | Wavefront Maya.

great looking software... would make it a hell lot easier to make face animation... user added image

otherwise you could make a system that they use at Weta e.g. with Gollum... Bay Raitt told about it at the 3D Festival... among otherthings he used Paul Ekman Facial Action Units... which you can read a bit more about here... "Paul Ekman Facial Action Units Online"... -->
https://cube.phlatt.net/forums/spiral...hp?TopicID=503

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 7 13-06-2003 , 10:26 PM
Yes, that is temping for us noobs, but it is stll cheating.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 8 14-06-2003 , 01:35 AM
The Maya Mountain
hey, if you're in a studio and you've only got a small amount of time to do facial animation for a ton of characters... they'll do it the quick and easy way.

For example, at Warthog, we're buying a pack of pre-made trees to use so we don't have to make them.... that kind of thing.

# 9 14-06-2003 , 01:57 AM
Subscriber
When you are working against a deadline there is no such thing as cheating! But Ido think you should still learn how to do it yourself first before taking the shortcuts.

This plugin looks almost too good to be true. Has anyone here actually used this or a similar plugin, that can give us the lowdown on it?

# 10 14-06-2003 , 02:03 AM
Subscriber
(sorry for changing thread topic!)

Mike? er.... Do you think simplyMaya could possibly do an interview with you and other CG professionals (maybe one a month?) so people like myself can hear the inside scoop about working on the industry? business ins and outs... how to get in user added image ... typical job expectations ... different positions and requirements... the job market...wheter or not I should find a new vocational intrest... etc, etc.

# 11 16-06-2003 , 08:29 AM
now THATS an idea, pleaseeeee get Julian J and meats meir in user added image

FX supervisor - double negative
# 12 16-06-2003 , 10:31 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by howardporter
(sorry for changing thread topic!)

Mike? er.... Do you think simplyMaya could possibly do an interview with you and other CG professionals (maybe one a month?) so people like myself can hear the inside scoop about working on the industry? business ins and outs... how to get in user added image ... typical job expectations ... different positions and requirements... the job market...wheter or not I should find a new vocational intrest... etc, etc.

This is already being aranged.... should have the first one out very soon.

# 13 16-06-2003 , 10:38 AM
Kevin
This actually looks a fun product!

Going to add to front page today!

# 14 16-06-2003 , 11:43 AM
Subscriber
also a very nice looking face generator is facegen but only to create human faces. there is a demo version that cannot export the model or save.

# 15 16-06-2003 , 12:45 PM
Subscriber
hehe, I dont wanna start anything but I saw this being featured on 3DBuzz around a year ago..then I lost the link and now I see it again user added image

-Emo