Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 16-07-2003 , 10:36 PM

sword model

So here is the finish remodel of the sword ( original desing from Michael Roger).
Like M and howardporter ask me to do a better job at the wings an the top of the handle.
I think It looks better that before, the wings look more sharp on the edges and also I put more subdivisions with the split poligon tool on the top and bottom of the handle to make it look more hard.
Is there another way to make it look more hard without making subdivisions?
I tried to use edit polygons - normals - soften / harden , and all hard on the edges but it make them look faceted.

kazama
raularosemena@hotmail.com

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by kazama; 16-07-2003 at 10:44 PM.
# 2 16-07-2003 , 10:52 PM
Subscriber
If you convert the lowpoly object to subd's you can crease the edges. But that means working with subd's which may or may not be what you want.

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 3 29-07-2003 , 07:46 PM
I haven't been able to put some update of the work because I have been busy but this is how the scene looks at the end.
Please let me know what you think about it.
Any coments are wellcome.

kazama
raularosemena@hotmail.com

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 29-07-2003 , 08:03 PM
Subscriber
I like it, but I find the way the blades of grass are pointing tends to lead my eye to your tree rather than your sword. I like the colours a lot.

# 5 30-07-2003 , 10:31 PM
what about having a torn scarf fluttering in the wind wrapped around the handle of the sword? that would be really cool. Witchy's right about the blades of grass though

user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 6 31-07-2003 , 07:49 AM
Sword is realy nice, but i think that the handle is to small/thick user added image