Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 16-08-2003 , 11:19 PM

Low poly model shout out!

It just occurd to me that some of you here might have the odd textured low poly model lying around, and youre thinking to yourself "if only there was a use for this thing, perhaps letting some fan game modder put it into his or her latest creation"... Well ok its a stretch, but Im hunting for some extra content for my new website https://ickysworld.com (coming soon).

Its going to be a website for game modders to download models to place into their non-profit creations. Its a stretch I know asking here in amoung the plethora of 50000 poly sports cars, but doesnt do any harm in asking. Im looking for any kind of model as long as its textured, with a poly count of around <500 depending on size, with a texture mapped onto an image file.

If you have anything like that lying around, and want to get it on a website to spread the gospel of you and your modelling skills then feel free to drop me a line.

Cant hurt to ask right? :bgreen: (tat bouncing guy is so cool! reminds me of gungy snot user added image )

# 2 17-08-2003 , 12:26 AM
Well, whenever I get one, Ill be sure to give it to you user added image

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 3 20-08-2003 , 01:21 PM
<500 polys?

isn't that just a tad too low?

# 4 21-08-2003 , 02:53 PM
Its meant to be scenery. No one wants to look at a 4000 polygon wooden post while playing a game, the frame rates would drop to a stutter.

# 5 23-08-2003 , 05:44 PM
ah right user added image thought you was talking about player models user added image

# 6 23-08-2003 , 06:24 PM
I love the layout.... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

# 7 23-08-2003 , 06:28 PM
Yes the website is there, but there has been some techincal issues backstage which prevent it progressing, content wise.