Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 18-08-2003 , 07:48 PM

A 3D equivilant of Masking? [36kb image]

Okay, what I'm about to ask for will probably sound retarted. I'm a major Maya newbie, I'm messing with it because my school has a lab license for it and I have an absurd amount of free time. Now onto the question...

Does Maya have the 3D equivilant of a "mask"?

Here's my example...

user added image

Now, is there a way to set things up so that sphere, when rendered, only "exists" within the boundaries of that cube?

# 2 18-08-2003 , 08:00 PM
Hmm not sure, you could use Booleans to cut a part out of the cube where the sphere intersects it if you wanted to. That might work.

Welcome to SM by the way

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 19-08-2003 , 01:43 AM
Yeah, If I understand you correctly you want to use the Edit NURBS > Blloeans > Intersect Tool.

Select the Sphere and hit ENTER, then select the cube and hit ENTER. That should work.