Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 02-09-2003 , 05:41 PM
Subscriber

newbie 2d placement problem

I have created a revolved surface from a curve and have applied a lambert shader with a color file that has an alphachannel. Using the 2d placement tool I am getting the texture where I want it. However, it is consistently mapping with the v coordinate flipped. I know I can vertically flip the file in Photoshop, but how do I fix it in Maya. In the 2d placement attributes I see where I can rotate it, but how can I flip it?

thanks much!

# 2 02-09-2003 , 06:53 PM
Try editNURBS -> Reverse Surface Direction and see if that works for you. You may have to change some of the settings in its option box first.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 02-09-2003 , 07:32 PM
Subscriber
Perfect!! Thanks Nitro!! Reversing the parent curve fixes the problem as well. BTW, any idea why this is happening consistently? It happens on imported curves also. Might there be a preference somewhere that identifies curve direction for the EP/CV tools? I didn't see anything listed in the revolve prefs or the EP/CV prefs. I'm just not sure why the uv orientation is flipping every time.

Thanks again!!

# 4 02-09-2003 , 11:15 PM
Just remember, while the first CV you click defines the start of the curve, the second CV defines the curve direction (You'll see a small "u"). If you reverse the way you're drawing your curves (i.e., if you're starting at the top and working your way down, start at the bottom and work your way up instead), you should see the surface direction change.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 5 02-09-2003 , 11:18 PM
Subscriber
The direction I started was the problem. Thanks Nitro!