Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 28-12-2003 , 05:25 AM
Subscriber

need help encrypting text

More than likely, none of you can help me with this, but I suppose it's worth a try.....

Basically, I was wondering what files types (formats) are used for encoding text (not text files mind you; just the actual text), how one goes about saving as those file types, and the programming language used. I was hoping to create my own encryptor just for fun and have my text encrypted in a specific way. I'm not sure how it's done really, but I'm sure I can easily learn how. Right off the top of my head, I can think of two separate ways to encrypt the text: 1) rearrange the letters according to a specific mathematical-based pattern which could include adding random characters into the text to allow ELS (equadistant letter spacing) or some type of matrix layout that could later be decrypted obviously by a reverse process -or- 2) substituting a different character for each character in the text. Obviously, one could implement both of these techniques to encrypt text which would further the security of the encryption.

You can do things like this is MS Word with simple commands like ctrl h to find a letter and replace it with another, but this would take an eternity. I need code that will do it for me with just a click of a button. (much like batch files if you've ever dealt with them before)

Thanks

# 2 28-12-2003 , 07:22 AM
do you have visual basic???? visual c++???? any compiler?? Go to pscode.com and search for encryption. I made an encryptor myself using XOR functions a while ago in VB, but i dont know where it is. There are many algorithms you can use to make and encryptor, its just a matter of what you need it for. There are some(which i like) that use random encryption with a seed value, so you can set a password for the file, so that even if someone has a decryptor, they would have to go through every seed and look at the file to see if it did any good. Umm.....so to answer your question....im not sure what you mean by "what file types are used for encoding text".

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 3 28-12-2003 , 07:27 AM
btw XOR stands for the logical exclusive or function.....im not sure if you are familiar with it, but i will explain it if you need me to.

# 4 28-12-2003 , 07:36 AM
Subscriber
hmmm..... *strokes chin hair*

I downloaded this simple code:
https://pscode.com/vb/scripts/ShowCod...47632&lngWId=1
...but don't know what to do with it now that I have it. I have heard about compilers here and there throughout the years, but know nothing of them. Unfortunately, the only languages I know are DOS commands for DOS, batch, and autoexe programs, a little MEL, and almost all HTML. *sigh* I suppose I can learn Visual Basic too...

# 5 28-12-2003 , 07:39 AM
well, then i hope you have a bit of money lol. maybe you could try to find a free c or c++ compiler like devC++ and then try to figure out how to get it to compile lol.

# 6 28-12-2003 , 07:41 AM
or java.......free and a fairly simple language.