Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 20-01-2004 , 01:08 AM

problems converting poly's to subdivs

hey everyone whenever i try to convert polygons to subdivs i get an error that says to look in the script editor for further information, so i do that and the script editor tells me that one or more of my vertices are non manifold and that i should use the clean up command with the nonmanifold option turned on, so i get into the clean up options and set the nonmanifold, problem is i dont know what i'm doing in clean up (i dont even know what cleanup does) and also i dont know what nonmanifolds are, any explanation of what all this means and how to work it would be great. thanks in advance everyone

AIM: Psuedo Realizm
# 2 20-01-2004 , 01:21 AM
Subscriber
There's a few ways to create non-manifold geometry, three or more faces sharing an edge, two or more faces share a single vertex but no edge and adjacent faces have opposite normals. It's all in the manual.