Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 06-09-2005 , 01:54 AM

skeleton binding/position issue.

Ok, first off, Rage is a retarduser added image hehe..

Now that that is out of the way, here is my newest issue:

I soft-bound my skeleton to my small character, and for some reason, when I move my character group, my skeleton moves twice as slow?

Meaning, say I try to rotate my character group 90 degrees in any direction, my skeleton moves roughly only 45 degrees?

The skeleton still works as it should, its just not staying with the geometry.

In case this matters, I created the skeleton for my character, then grouped the skeleton under my main character group so they would move together, then I soft-bound the skeleton to the character.

Ideas?

I know its probably somethin simple, so feel free to tell me where the answer is in the docs, or degrade me publicly, laugh, then tell me how I might be able to fix ituser added image

Thanks!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 2 06-09-2005 , 01:59 AM
sounds like a double deformation thing happening. maybe poke around to see if you can disassociate the group from the influences? Might be deforming in addition to the joints themselves...(?)

# 3 06-09-2005 , 02:00 AM
Subscriber
Rage,
Can't you skip the grouping of the skeleton? The soft bind should "adhere" it to the mesh, no?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 4 06-09-2005 , 02:08 AM
Thanks for the fast replies guys!

Yeah, I tried it both grouped, and UNgrouped, and still havin the same issue.

I'll look into double-transform" in the docs and see what I come up withuser added image

Thanks again!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com