Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 06-02-2006 , 04:49 PM
Subscriber

Two Snapping Questions

I have two questions about snapping to ask you guys. Firstly, for some reason, whenever I now use snap to grid, it will snap the vertexes to the grid, but it won't bring them in line with each other, causing a problem whenever I want to duplicate or merge, or even when I just want to bring the vertexes into a straight line. Secondly, I was wondering what the hotkey is for "snap to edge?"

Thanks in advance user added image

# 2 06-02-2006 , 05:14 PM
Subscriber
to line up verts again u use the scale tool and the hotkey for snap to grid is 'x' hold in when using the move toll and it will snap to grid

hope this helps

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 3 06-02-2006 , 05:57 PM
Subscriber
Yea, I know the shortcut for snap to grid, and I know how to straighten vertexes with the scale tool, but I prefer using snap to grid, as it makes them completely and absolutely straight. However, this isn't working right now.

# 4 06-02-2006 , 08:33 PM
Subscriber
"c" is snap to curve( which will also work on a polygon edge) and you must use the middle mouse button when you click. Snap to point is "v" and will also snap a vert right ontop of another vert.

# 5 06-02-2006 , 08:42 PM
Subscriber
in the move tool options, turn off "retain component spacing"