Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 07-04-2006 , 07:38 PM
Subscriber

issues with rigging IK handles

i am creating my IK handles exactly as the video from here for the rigging for low poly games. and when i grab the Foot IK handle and move it up the area of the foot where the ball joint is the only thing that moves up and the heel and the toe just move closer to each other to keep the same distance from the ball joint. the heel is suppose to move upward as well and also affect the knee joint like in the tutorial but that's not happening on my model. this is in maya 7 by the way. any help? thanx in advance.

Last edited by artleon; 09-04-2006 at 11:08 PM.
# 2 09-04-2006 , 11:12 PM
Subscriber
well never mind now. i followed the steps for the 4th time right now and this time the IK handles are working properly. go figure. i don't know if i did something wrong before or if deleting histroy and clearing the script editor did the trick. whatever the case now the legs and feet are moving as they should be using the IK handles.