Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 28-07-2008 , 02:59 AM

Porcelain Mushroom

Hi to everyone, this is my first post here and This is the first Maya model i did also,
Its fully done in Maya 2008 and rendered with Metal Ray .
I used HDRI lighting.I also posted it in CGsociety some days ago, so im using the image i uploaded there...
Hope you like it..
the next days ill be uploading some wires
I put a link to my Cgsociety portfolio because i dot know why it doesnt let me attach an image

https://leowolf.cgsociety.org/gallery/656677

Any comments and crits are welcome
cheers
user added image

user added image

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."

Last edited by LeoWolf; 28-07-2008 at 03:07 AM.
# 2 28-07-2008 , 03:01 AM
Subscriber
you definitely forgot the image.

# 3 28-07-2008 , 03:09 AM
there i edited the post and put a link
hope it works

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
# 4 28-07-2008 , 03:30 AM
lets see now

Attached Thumbnails

# 5 28-07-2008 , 03:38 AM
Subscriber
Both the table it is sat on and the mushroom itself are definently too reflective.

Chris

# 6 10-08-2008 , 08:29 AM
I don't know, I think either the Table and mushroom are to reflective or the background is to blurry.
Pretty neat though.

# 7 10-08-2008 , 09:31 AM
tks for the crits and comments

# 8 11-08-2008 , 12:37 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Stryyf
I don't know, I think either the Table and mushroom are to reflective or the background is to blurry.
Pretty neat though.

it would be blurry because of depth of field, so it's actually good that it's blurry or the image would look real fake (when was the last time you saw something close up and everything behind it was also in focus?). at least i think that's what it is.... user added image

i think it looks pretty cool. must have used a lot of varnish :p

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 9 11-08-2008 , 01:30 AM
I understand the depth of field, or sure. My point was that it seemed to blurry.
Don't get me wrong the picture is awesome. I just felt the blur was a little "over done" but then again that is just my taste.