Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-09-2010 , 11:09 AM

solar system

# 2 07-09-2010 , 04:43 PM
EduSciVis-er
Cool, nice job. Although Jupiter is spinning like a whirrlygig. Might want to slow it down a bit. Also it's a bit hard to get a feel for a spatial sense of the planets; if you pulled back a bit to show the orbits, that would look good.

# 3 07-09-2010 , 04:55 PM
The thin red line
Hi maheshsubbiah
Also think about lighting, the sun is the sorce of light and the shadows should be dark or black............good work....dave

# 4 07-09-2010 , 06:19 PM
@stwert: Thanks.

when i started making it I was using the table from the below mentioned link to make this project.

I started with a ratio where earths rotation 1 day= 1sec. =24 frames. Even with this ratio i was running into millions of frames for neptunes revolution around the sun.

So gave up the idea and started making it with approx.values. T

The wobbly movement of jupiter is bcoz the jupiter's inclination axis is 3 degrees. Was working perfect before but accidentally i must have freezed the transformations changing the local axes to world axes. I realised it after i rendered the complete thing. Thought i would get away with it and no one will notice it.

You got me there.

https://www.windows2universe.org/our_...ets_table.html

https://www.sciencenetlinks.com/inter...lanetSize.html

@Dave: I have used a point light inside the sun and played with the translucence values of the sun material. There is no other source of light other than the sun.

cheers
Mahesh

# 5 07-09-2010 , 09:20 PM
Lifetime Member
That is pretty damn good mate!!! yes Old Jupiter has had one too many lagers by the looks of it..LOL.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 6 08-09-2010 , 11:08 AM
Thanks Bullet

Yeah U r right. A drunk jupiter user added image user added image

cheers
Mahesh