Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 11-01-2005 , 11:21 PM

Playing with z-brush

After work today I was playing around with the tools and imported my spider to see what I can do with him.. Its still pretty bad but I can see it being a great tool once I spend more time on it as well as get my new tablet which will help instead of my mouse can use my paint skills for once.

Kurt

Attached Thumbnails

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 2 12-01-2005 , 12:30 AM
Technical Director
Nice dude.

I havn't read much into zBrush. What is it? All that I know, is that its good.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 12-01-2005 , 12:39 AM
Its a sculpting modeling tool...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 4 12-01-2005 , 04:29 PM
Zbrush creates displacement maps for your base model if I'm not mistaken. It takes the base model, turns it into a super high poly model that you use with their tools to texture and alter to your liking. The program then calculates the difference between the base model and the high poly model and renders displacement maps that are applied during render time. This way, you have all the benefits of a high poly model without all of the weight during animation... Is that right??user added image

# 5 12-01-2005 , 05:17 PM
:bandit: looks pretty damn good, any detail shots? user added image

# 6 12-01-2005 , 05:31 PM
Good to see you're progressing with ZB! Rock on...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 7 12-01-2005 , 08:40 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Velusion
Zbrush creates displacement maps for your base model if I'm not mistaken. It takes the base model, turns it into a super high poly model that you use with their tools to texture and alter to your liking. The program then calculates the difference between the base model and the high poly model and renders displacement maps that are applied during render time. This way, you have all the benefits of a high poly model without all of the weight during animation... Is that right??user added image

its 2.5d-3d modeling texturing app.
it lets you export disp maps too.

# 8 14-01-2005 , 09:46 PM
So the final model with that bump doesnt have another mesh or geometry it just has a displacment map after using the tool???will they atomatically be applied to a shader which also will be applied to the model???

# 9 16-01-2005 , 04:44 AM
Looks great user added image

I've always been interested in z-brush but have never used it. Is it a complex process prepairing your model for export to z-brush? Does z-brush only support polys or are subdiv's and nurbs supported?

# 10 16-01-2005 , 07:22 AM
No not at all all you do is export you poly model as a obj file and import it into zbrush no subd and nurbs are supported!

www.cgmaya.tk