Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 06-03-2004 , 10:39 PM

Can I mirror while modeling?

If I'm sculpting a NURBS cylinder by moving around CVs, and I want the changes I make on the right side to be mirrored on the left side, is there any way to do that?

# 2 07-03-2004 , 02:04 AM
Subscriber
not on the same nurbs object as far as I know.
If you had just half of it. I would say there is a way with a proxy copy. (havent tryed it yet, not a nurbs person my self) But thin if you were working on just half of it you would have a real prolbem with a seam with the nurbs.

# 3 10-03-2004 , 01:03 PM
Basically you need to cut the object in half, then make an instance copy of it. Then when you are done modeling you can tackle merging it back together.

First off you need an isoparm running down the center of the object (one that is in the center on the "front" side of your cylinder, and another on the "rear" side of your cylinder when looking at it from straight on). If you have these lines great, if not you need to make them by inserting isoparms.

Test it out on a simple cylinder. When you make the cylinder have it so that an isoparm runs down the middle, this will probably be determined by the number of isoparms are originally created. Then select these two isoparms, and detach the surface. Then delete the left side. Now make an instance copy of the right side. Now as you select and move CVs on the right, changes on the left should take place.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

# 4 10-03-2004 , 03:16 PM
U might want to look at the free utilitie cps.