Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 30-09-2007 , 11:56 PM
Subscriber

Texturing issue

Hi ive just bought blastcode after a lengthy trial. i love it. however, for those who know, you have to use NURBS for blastcode to work.

Unfortunately im having issues as normally i can layout the UV's for polys. but im trying to texture a crate but its all distorted.

im not a lover of NURBS but unfortunately there is no way round it with blastcode.

Any ideas how to texture. perhaps converting or something?

thanx

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130
# 2 01-10-2007 , 02:27 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
why not just convert your textured poly to a nurb, you'll have to make the poly a subd first then convert it to a nurb

Nurbs are just a ball ache to texture...theres not much stuff on it, unless you are using 3d paint int Maya, stick to the easy route

Jay

# 3 02-10-2007 , 05:52 AM
here may be a longer route but I thought I'd throw it in the table,
I think the nurbs is only the exploding flag. What I do is bake the simulation by precaching it, delete the blastcode exploder, and UV texture the crate and the slabs.