Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-09-2007 , 03:36 AM

Spline IK/Curve animation problem

Hi--

I'm trying to animate the curve (as shown in the following pictures) to control the animation of the bound skin. However, no matter whether I set keyframes manually or auto-keyframe, the CVs don't get animated over time, and thus neither does the geometry.

This has got to be easier than I'm making it. Can someone please help?

TIA,

--Tim

I also posted this in the Newbie Forum (for which I qualify, but maybe the subject does not). Tried to delete it, but didn't have the authority.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 04-09-2007 , 06:10 AM
i don't see the problem - in the second pic it looks fine.

# 3 04-09-2007 , 06:36 AM

Originally posted by arran
i don't see the problem - in the second pic it looks fine.

The pics are just for illustration. The problem is that I don't seem to be able to animate this transformation.

I expect i'm doing something really stupid--it's been known to happen.

# 4 04-09-2007 , 06:45 AM
how are you setting keys - are you making sure you have the joint selected and then just pressing s? don't know too much about animation i'm afraid...

# 5 04-09-2007 , 07:46 AM

Originally posted by arran
how are you setting keys - are you making sure you have the joint selected and then just pressing s? don't know too much about animation i'm afraid...

Using Shift W and Shift E, usually. But I'm selecting the curve, rather than the joint.

OK, I tried selecting the joint and several methods of setting keys--still nothing.

--Tim

# 6 04-09-2007 , 07:50 AM
and you've been moving the time slider, right...?

I don't know mate - hopefully someone with a bit more experience and brains will reply. user added image

# 7 04-09-2007 , 07:58 AM
Thanks anyway, arran!

--Tim

# 8 04-09-2007 , 08:03 AM