Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 14-12-2002 , 09:13 AM
Subscriber

Old eye's

Another update on 'The OldGuy'. This time he's got his eyes. Ithink they don't look too bad for a first, but please comment.

Bye the way, does anyone know a good tutorial/tip about making realistic eyebrau, and lashes

Chris

# 2 14-12-2002 , 09:15 AM
Looks great, kinda... i dunno plastic like, but 150% better then I could do, heheh

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win your still retarded.
# 3 14-12-2002 , 10:03 AM
Subscriber
Im still a newbie, but I think a specular map would eliminate those exessive highlights, for example on the eyes. Else this dude has grease smeared all over his face.

Now, I looked into the mirror in my room and I would say that the lighting also play a part here. So a specular map would reduce the highlights.

And what kind of light/intensity makes those highlights on the skin? Maybe the specular map reduces the specular ligth made in maya, which would be a good thing I guess, as the light causing the specular highlights is too intensive.

So in the name of newbieness I shamelessly pronounce an explanation.

One thing is the light, being either diffuse or diffuse with sunlight. Main thing is that the soft diffuse would probably not cause soo much specular highlight, as the sunlight. A lamp would cause some highlights, but I guess it would cause highlights on a limited part of the face.

Second, the skin itself may have bumps that should eliminate specular highlights. Looking at you face here, makes me think that the specular light here is too ignorant of the dents and bumps in the face, as the specular lights shines over whole areas without being divided into smaller speculars, which I think is looking more real.

So I guess a specular map would divide the specular light into more realisticly looking highlights. I guess this face is flooded with highlights as there is no specular map, that proportions the highlight to the bumpmap and shows the subtle light/specularity like in reality.

Heh, I think I learned something here. But let me know what you think guys!

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 4 14-12-2002 , 12:31 PM
Subscriber
Youre right Unseth, in the skinshader there are dif/spec maps present, but I haven't tweaked them for maximum result. I just couldn't wait to post the thing. As a newbie this means a lot of jazzin' around with the maps and settings, and even more test renders

And for the eyes, there's only a bumpmap present. Still working on the rest.

Chris

# 5 14-12-2002 , 02:19 PM
Very nice mate. Really impressed=)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 6 14-12-2002 , 02:37 PM
Subscriber
lighting plays a major part on any model.... the shades under the eyebrows... the eyelashes... and everything else.....

anyway... great work!!!( i am a newbie too )

# 7 18-12-2002 , 08:04 AM
I like this guy! He's REALLY cool looking and in a way is kinda creepy! <shhuddder> user added image

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 8 18-12-2002 , 06:58 PM
Subscriber
Thanks y'all,

I'm now playin' around with the specularmap of the skin, just to see I can inprove it, and for fun.
So you will see more of this old creep later on.

Chris.