Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 61 29-06-2011 , 03:27 PM
This is coming together nicely Josh. Are you going to do something with the background if you get chance...Im not sure if its my screen but the black areas of the toy cant be seen as clearly as you have it on a dark background but the model looks super and the render with the light reflections look spot on aswell. user added image Well Done.

# 62 29-06-2011 , 04:23 PM
Thank You s2-speedy user added image . I agree with you, and yes I will. That's the (ugly) hdri environment map showing in the background. The dark background makes it much harder to see the head and black color areas of the model. If I get a chance, I'd like to do a turn-table of it. For the still render shots, I hope to hide the environment map, use three lights, and keep the background to a smooth gray color (not black).

# 63 30-06-2011 , 07:12 AM

# 64 30-06-2011 , 08:14 AM
Josh, what can i say...?! I love it! user added image How are you with animating? because id love to see him bust a move lol.

# 65 30-06-2011 , 10:00 AM
Subscriber
Love the shadder work - its really helping sell this as a toy not a cg image - well done

# 66 30-06-2011 , 10:22 AM
The thin red line
Comming along nicely Josh..........dave

# 67 01-07-2011 , 02:44 AM
19 year Veteran
This turned out great Josh! What all is left to do?

# 68 01-07-2011 , 02:20 PM
Administrator
Hi,

Please post your final challenge entry in this thread before July 3rd.

Cheers,
Nilla

# 69 01-07-2011 , 02:55 PM

Josh, what can i say...?! I love it! user added image How are you with animating? because id love to see him bust a move lol.

Thank You! I've done some animating, -I don't consider myself an expert, but I would love to do some animating with him! "Busting a move" would be great 8^D !

------------------------------------
Thank You Tweetytunes and Dave :-) ! And I hope things are getting better for you Tweetytunes! Keep-up the great work Dave!

This turned out great Josh! What all is left to do?

Thank You THX! Work on the helmet, the feet, getting the two shoulders matched-up better, -whenever I start to go over the geometry I always seem to find tons of things I could fix up better.

Thank You Miss Nova, before July 3rd, will do :-) !