Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 25-03-2007 , 03:05 AM

deforming pivots - how?

let´s say i have a building with 400 windows. the building isn´t straight but deformed like a rhombus. so I first creat the facade in a cubic form containing of 400 duplicated windows. applied is a latice then to bring everything into the right non-uniform shape. cause there is a need to open every single window in a 90° degree angle it would be nice to have the pivots deformed with the lattice. but pivots like locators dont get affected by deformers and will stay in original place.

is it possible to get the pivot point moved with the latice (dont even need the LRA manipulated - would be nice tho - only the transform-part is important), or do I have to find a workaround and/or place the pivots by hand in the end?

thanks for any help.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.