Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 17-09-2002 , 04:48 PM
Subscriber

Tanks

Ha! I haven't used Maya for a while and having been to the 4.5 launch I got all stirred up and decided to make a model!

Here it is... not finished yet I need to add some more detail, change a few fings but it's getting there and it was fun remembering all the modeling tools.

Always wanted to model a tank!

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 2 17-09-2002 , 04:50 PM
Subscriber
Oooops! Picture didn't seem to wanna attach here we go again...

Gazzamataz
# 3 17-09-2002 , 05:17 PM
Subscriber
nice job user added image

out of interest how did you make the tracks?

# 4 17-09-2002 , 08:49 PM
# 5 17-09-2002 , 08:53 PM
Supreme Being
nice lookin' tank m8.. :p

# 6 17-09-2002 , 08:55 PM
Kevin
excellent mate..the only bit that looks a little funny is the top part, a little to rounded maybe?

# 7 17-09-2002 , 09:41 PM
Subscriber
I agree. It looks great, better than im capable of right now but the turret does remind me of a King Edward. user added image

# 8 18-09-2002 , 08:28 AM
Subscriber
King Edward! You blasphemer its a Red Desire! I agree when I did the turret in NURBS it started alright (I was thiking of a T-34) and then the bottom half looks more like a Panther. I made it up as I went along...

Anyway yes the turret is too small and need more sharpening, I should have used some reference material.

As far as the track were concerned, they we poly sections crafted into links and then literally put into place. If you ever made Airfix or Tamiya models and looked at the tank tracks that's kinda how I went about it. Time consuming but looks resonably good when done. They are gonna be a bastard to animate... if I decide to do that.

Thanks for the comments. The main thing about this project is that I enjoyed every minute of it and the machine didn't crash once.

Gazzamataz
# 9 18-09-2002 , 02:21 PM
Subscriber
The tracks look great, nice job.