Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 24-07-2014 , 01:03 AM

texturing problem

i have 2 problems
the first one is that i cant see the texture that i add to a blin shader(to the color), i can see it on the sample, but not on the object, at all.

the second is that i touched something that i shouldnt, and now, every object that im touching is look like the picture that i added.
why does is happend and what it is good for?
thanks

Attached Images
# 2 24-07-2014 , 03:25 AM
Super Moderator
You've turned on the new test texture. It's the black and blue checker icon in the UV texture editor. It basically allows you to see if there is texture stretching and pinching so you can adjust your UVs.

- Genny
# 3 24-07-2014 , 08:46 AM
thanks gen, can you please help me with the first problem, in the uv texture editor i cant see the picture, and not on the polygon, but i can see it on the hypershade result, what it can be?

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 24-07-2014 , 10:57 AM
i have tried to do this on other object, this time with lambert shader, now i can see the texture in the uv texture editor, but i still cant see it on the object

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 24-07-2014 , 09:25 PM
The thin red line
You need to UV map the mesh................dave

# 6 24-07-2014 , 09:55 PM
Super Moderator
Yeah, I'd run a planar projection on it and see if anything pops up. Check the projection options and make sure you're not creating new UV sets with each projection also. I really need to stop replying before going to sleep.

- Genny