SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / export animation..........?

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

30-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #1
3ddon

export animation..........?
Hi,after a long time I'm asking you a doubt guys.......
now I'm learning a,b,c,d s in animation.
today I modeled and animated a fan,I copied/instanced that fan,only fan was copied,what about animation for 2nd fan?
HOW TO EXPORT THE ANIMATION OF ONE OBJECT TO ANOTHER?
30-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #2
Gen
Super Moderator

Try using the "duplicate special" operation and set the options to use "Duplicate input graph". The keys should copy over now.
::|| My Maya FAQ ||::
31-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
3ddon

Quote:
Originally posted by GecT
Try using the "duplicate special" operation and set the options to use "Duplicate input graph". The keys should copy over now.
very very thanks for your help.........
now another question,
I animated a sphere,now I want to animate a cube as same as sphere,how to export the animation of sphere to cube?
01-11-2009, 08:16 AM   #4
3ddon

Quote:
Originally posted by 3ddon

now another question,
I animated a sphere,now I want to animate a cube as same as sphere,how to export the animation of sphere to cube?
please any one help me........
01-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #5
Chirone
Subscriber

i've never done it before but you might be able to use the trax editor to export and import an animation

take a look at the maya tutorials that come with maya it will tell you something about the trax editor

also...
i think you might be able to see the animation in the hypergraph after some fiddling around? only seen it with set driven keys but you might be able to copy that animation and set it's inputs to the cube

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
02-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
3ddon

Quote:
Originally posted by Chirone
i've never done it before but you might be able to use the trax editor to export and import an animation

take a look at the maya tutorials that come with maya it will tell you something about the trax editor

also...
i think you might be able to see the animation in the hypergraph after some fiddling around? only seen it with set driven keys but you might be able to copy that animation and set it's inputs to the cube
thanks for your help,I'll try.....