Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 12-08-2004 , 07:32 PM
Subscriber

scroll wheel

Had a quick search among past posts, and this seems a newish question so here goes,

Using Maya 6 I use the MMB more to zoom in and out of a scene rather than ALT RMB. The problem being that to scroll in X amount of distance you have to rotate the wheel several times (say 4 or 5) to get into enough detail, after some work is done I try and zoom out. At this point rotating the mouse wheel out even a little bit causes the Maya scene to zoom out a large amount.

Is there a way to set Maya so that a single rotation of the mouse wheel zooms out the same distance as it zoom in, or should I get into the habbit of using ALT RMB?

Hope all that makes sense user added image

# 2 13-08-2004 , 12:37 AM
Well I don't use the wheel myself, but I'd bet is has to do with the slow/medium/fast buttons above the channel editor.