Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-08-2004 , 06:41 AM

animating color change of polygon

I seem to be having a little difficulty today again. This time I would like to have some of my polygon objects change color over time. I tried to 'animate vertex colors' and 'customize animation curve colors' but both seemed to fail me. Any tips out there today. Any virtual angels buzzing around on virtual harleys with an idea or two and a bit more experience at this than me

thanxuser added image

# 2 20-08-2004 , 07:29 AM
Subscriber
Image 1 has a red sphere. Make sure you are on frame 1 in your timeline. (image 2) Now open up the Attribute Editor for your material. (image 3) RIGHT CLICK where it says "color" (directly to the LEFT of the red color box) and a menu will appear, which is shown in image 4. Select "Set Key". This keyframes the color attribute as red on frame 1. Now go to frame 20 as shown in image 5. Change the color in the Attribute Editor window to blue. Right-click the word "color" again and select "set key". Now you have keyframed it so that it is the color blue on frame 20. Play your animation and see the color change from red to blue smoothly.

-just in case you don't know how to get to the attribute editor, there are two easy ways to do it. 1) select your object, right-click hold, choose Materials>MaterialAttributes -or- 2) Select your object, then choose Window>Attribute Editor. In the window that comes up, select the material tab (like lambert2, phong1, etc)

# 3 20-08-2004 , 07:31 AM
Subscriber
crap I forgot the image.....

here it is...

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 20-08-2004 , 08:34 AM

thanks

wow!!! why didn't I know you could right-click those things up there - that's so cool. Nice one dude!!!
user added image I feel kinda embarrassed. Seems like such an easy thing