Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 27-12-2003 , 06:46 PM

Dragon body tut under way

Hey SMers, just wanted to let you all know the body part of the dragon tut is under way.

Just a pic of the early stages of her.

Attached Thumbnails

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 2 27-12-2003 , 10:16 PM
SM Tea Boy
Sweet great news i know a lot of people enjoyed the head modeling set user added image

user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 28-12-2003 , 04:28 AM
Subscriber
OMG,,Right on,,, I'll be the first one to download it..user added image

# 4 28-12-2003 , 06:15 PM
update 3 parts done..... working on the wings now=)

Attached Thumbnails

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 5 29-12-2003 , 11:41 AM
Kevin
wow - fantastic mate! really looking forward to this a lot!!

# 6 29-12-2003 , 12:29 PM
looks really good. Kurt is that its standing pose, modeling pose, or is he about to take off or something? He looks unbalence but I can eazaly be wrong depending on what pose its in. nice design on the wings btw. Looks like they would work good in animation.

"Si vis pacem para bellum" if you desire peace, prepare for war.
# 7 29-12-2003 , 02:22 PM
Kevin
I think it looks fine ponysgirl, and keeping in mind that this is for a tutorial and hasnt had the 12 hrs treaking that most people would have done - I find it dam amazing!

# 8 29-12-2003 , 06:54 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!

# 9 29-12-2003 , 08:59 PM
Wings are on, 4 parts done just have the last part to do for adding details and lighting.

Attached Thumbnails

# 10 30-12-2003 , 12:10 AM
SM Tea Boy
looking good mate user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 11 30-12-2003 , 12:34 AM
Subscriber
that was really me and I posted under her buy mistake. Oh yeh kevin I totaly agree, its great skill !! I meen keeping a model going that good that quick is one thing. But explaining it while your doing it is even more.. I think its awsome stuff !!!!

# 12 30-12-2003 , 03:50 AM
Playing a lot more wiht proportion and adding little bits of details.

Maya screen shot

Attached Thumbnails

# 13 30-12-2003 , 04:31 AM
for tutorial base it looks great. i wouldnt mind finding a wing tutorial(angel/and devil style wings). that would be great.

Might be just me but i think his(or hers) neck is too short for where the wings are located on the body. There has to be failry equal mass on both sides of the focal from the wings or he would be lopsided. So the neck/head have to project enough to add the weight needed at the fucrum of the wings. Or it would be spending too much power trying to correct its pitch it would be too tired to actually fly somewhere....

*totally over analyzed your entire model*

sorry.

# 14 30-12-2003 , 04:35 AM
k mate thanks for the input i'll see what i can do. from thre ref i have its pretty close. I'll see what the head looks like a bit longer.

# 15 30-12-2003 , 05:04 AM
Subscriber
The Model looks Great. As soon as it done and online it’s mine,,user added image