Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 20-04-2006 , 04:22 PM

I need some help

I am trying to animate a lego man that i have created and every time i try to rotate it it rotates funny ways. I have made a skeleton and when i rotate the joints by itself it works. I set the frames one by one and it still does it. Can anybody help me out with this?

# 2 20-04-2006 , 04:33 PM
Did you make you lego man from various parts of geometry?

If so you need to group them together and then select the group, it should rotate fine once grouped.

The above is only if your trying to rotate the whole model. If its when you move joints, post a picture up so that we can have a look at the problem.

Cheers

# 3 20-04-2006 , 04:40 PM
Ya i have them as seperate parts but i was eaisier to make a skeleton if they were seperate any tips??

# 4 20-04-2006 , 05:19 PM
Im not the best at rigging but I would think that its easier if they are all as one mesh, as the skeleton would influence more than just the area that you've got as the geometry binded to the joints.

# 5 20-04-2006 , 08:13 PM
i think the best way to got good results , make your skeleton and group it self , keep the pivot where the pivot exist ( between foots , on the grid)
from this point you can do moving rotation for the all character without any problem ,
and when you ar doing smoth bind ,
if your mesh it is not a one piece , then select (example) select the arm and select the hirarchy of arm skeleton and in the option of smooth bind , make this setting

Attached Images
# 6 21-04-2006 , 07:49 PM
It didn't seem to work... but ive realized now that my rotation settings is set to world and when i set it to local the x and y axis are screwed up so will that make a difference??