Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-09-2006 , 11:58 AM
Subscriber

need help with converting

Hey guys... im trying to model the Ninja Tut made by The Great Kurt but im having problems converting my poly head into a subdiv... i keep getting this Result: 0

[EDIT]

script editor messege:

doSubdivCreate( "2", { "1","1","1207","11"} );
deleteInternalValence2Verts |polySurface1|polySurfaceShape6;
polyToSubdiv -ap 0 -ch off -aut on -maxPolyCount 1207 -maxEdgesPerVert 11 |polySurface1|polySurfaceShape6;
// Warning: Nothing is selected. Select objects or components to delete. //
// Error: polyToSubdiv1 (Poly To Subdiv Node): The conversion to a subdivision surface failed.
// One or more duplicated edges were present.
// Repair the duplicate edges by selecting the polygon
// and issuing the following command, then try again:
select .e[624] .e[622] ;string $v[] = `polyListComponentConversion -fe -tv`;select $v;polySplitVertex;polyMergeVertex -d 0.0 -tx 1; //
// Error: Command polyToSubdiv failed. Open Script Editor for details. //
// Result: 0 //

Thanks, Bye....

Last edited by marlonjohn; 05-09-2006 at 12:08 PM.
# 2 05-09-2006 , 12:04 PM
Subscriber
did you select the whole poly in object mode (as oppsed to selected the verts/faces/edges?)

Was this the message in the script editor?

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 3 05-09-2006 , 12:08 PM
Subscriber
hey j5ive, yeah i tried selecting it as a whole poly in object mode and yes, the messege is from script editor. =]

# 4 05-09-2006 , 12:15 PM
Subscriber
Sorry I should have been more observatant, you did state it is directly from the script editor :headbang:

I've never had that message before, what I would do is go to your conversion settings and reset them and try again, if it persists go to polygon>clean up and see if that works.

I'm stumped for ideas at the minute user added image

# 5 05-09-2006 , 03:15 PM
Subscriber
its alright... sorry for the late reply, i really cant find the "conversion settings".. if you could show me user added image sorry im abit newbie at maya lol...

thanks again

# 6 05-09-2006 , 03:20 PM
Subscriber
Sure, when you go to convert>poly subD etc, before you click it, there will be a small box on the right of the menu, click that it will bring up another menu. Then go file/reset settings.

# 7 13-09-2006 , 11:57 AM
Subscriber
ehehe sorry for the great delay... forgot to reply back...
i tried all what you told me and didnt work then the next day i reset it and it worked.... thanks mate, you been a big help =]