Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 07-02-2007 , 01:04 AM

hair tutorial

could anyone suggest a good tutorial for learning how to create hair and fur? i cant find any online, they are all to vague. Maybe im just not ready for it, if anyone knows please tell.

I know im a novice

https://www.westcoastfootballcamps.com/Competition%20Camplogo.jpg
# 2 07-02-2007 , 04:51 AM

# 3 07-02-2007 , 07:40 AM
why dont you use maya help

it has all bthe basic stuff

Maya is simple, but only if you believe it
# 4 07-02-2007 , 07:53 AM
Subscriber

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 5 07-02-2007 , 09:06 AM
Subscriber
Hello,

Me and a few others put THIS together for a university project, it covers the basics on hair and fur.

I hope it helps,

Mat.

# 6 07-02-2007 , 02:15 PM
sweet thanks ill try that one, i odnt have anymoney this month to buy any tutorials but hopefully i will soon,

I know im a novice

https://www.westcoastfootballcamps.com/Competition%20Camplogo.jpg
# 7 11-02-2007 , 12:41 AM

Originally posted by happymat27
Hello,

Me and a few others put THIS together for a university project, it covers the basics on hair and fur.

I hope it helps,

Mat.

this is pretty good!
i liked it,the rendered came out real life hair!
so the tutorial seem to be good,its just the movie quality which is the only problem i was having with this tutorial.

its like i only able to hear clearly the most,but not able to view the video much,its so blurry low quality i cant figure much what you actually doing.. user added image
so,i was hoping if you have the same tutorial files,those that mini site.swf contains,in average quality,like about 20 MB least?
if you can upload them,i would love to learn from them! thanks in advance,i was checking mostly the hair tutorial,which i was really confused about this subject..
(if working according to Movie maker 2 Size vs. quality method,you can make wmv files in small size with a fine quality.. i know it works mostly..)

# 8 11-02-2007 , 01:07 AM
Subscriber
MayaNeko,

continuity in video quality is something that the tutorials on the mini site are definately lacking (compare the hair with the fur tutorials). I used the wmv file that Soucin (the girl who made the tutorial) e-mailed to me for the site, she may still have the original Camtasia file which I'll be able to render out with better quality and then upload. Until then the written tutorial is pretty much the video word for word with stills.

Because it was the first time that most of the other students used Camtasia, I think that they were unsure of what settings to use in order to get decent quality with low file size. I'll do my best to sort it out as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Mat.